bofo777 Senior Member • Posts: 1,652
Re: Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

Auf Reisen wrote:

bofo777 wrote:

Henry Stamm wrote:

bofo777 wrote:

epozar wrote:

bofo777 wrote:

Shooting in great light with this lens does make a difference but the bokeh and isolation of close ups is not the greatest....

yes it is.. at 200mm..

Look again at 6.3 they are not very good Nothing wrong with the lens just not wide enough aperture.....

This is your opinion. I took your advice and looked at the 6.3 images again. I like them. But what pleases my eye is the context in the kinds of images Wong provides with his user review. And that includes more DOF, not less. So my opinion is that the IQ and the bokeh are quite nice throughout the range. I shoot a heck of a lot at f8, so Wong's images seem quite nice.

I shoot the heck a lot with large aperture so these pics are not representative of the portrait photography that I do but for landscape and wildlife it will pass as presentable.....

Well, for portraiture there are vastly superior options than a travel lens anyway. Seems weird to judge a tool by its performance for a job it wasn't designed for.

But come on wouldn't you rather have a f4 then a 6.3 to shot your bird......

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow