Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
traveler_101 Senior Member • Posts: 2,133
Re: Curious...

String wrote:

jwilliams wrote:

I'd love to have a superzoom that is noticeably better than my 14-150 II and doesn't both weigh and cost a huge amount. I see this as just slightly improved 14-150, which quite frankly I'm not that impressed with. Anyone who wants to give me a fair market price for mine can have it.

This lens is consumer grade gear at pro prices.

Heck this thing is as much or more than a 12-40 Pro and not much less than a 40-150 Pro. I happen to own both of those and they are worth their cost because they perform in-line with their price.

Its a consumer grade lens at consumer grade price; As a consumer grade lens, coming out at $899 isn't bad at all.

The 12-100Pro is $1299, The 12-40Pro is $999 and the 40-150Pro is $1499; all substantially more expensive than the new superzoom. Granted, the Pro lenses are regularly on sale however the new superzoom will also be on sale for a cheaper price just like everything else.

$400 more and you get the outstanding 12-100? Seems like an easy decision.

traveler_101's gear list:traveler_101's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow