Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jwilliams Veteran Member • Posts: 4,579
Re: Curious...

String wrote:

jwilliams wrote:

Adrian Tung wrote:

https://blog.mingthein.com/2019/02/27/review-the-2019-olympus-zd-12-200-f3-5-6-3/

Looks like a decent super-zoom for its price, but not my cup of tea.

Typical superzoom. Aperture closes down real fast. IQ at long end is just so so.

At $899 they'd have to have a 50% off sale to even get me to think about it. Waay overpriced for its capabilities.

Oly continues to create new cameras and lenses I have absolutely no interest in. Batting 100% there.

Seeing as m43 has arguably the most complete lens lineup of any mirrorless system, what are you actually looking for?

I'd love to have a superzoom that is noticeably better than my 14-150 II and doesn't both weigh and cost a huge amount. I see this as just slightly improved 14-150, which quite frankly I'm not that impressed with. Anyone who wants to give me a fair market price for mine can have it.

This lens is consumer grade gear at pro prices.

Heck this thing is as much or more than a 12-40 Pro and not much less than a 40-150 Pro. I happen to own both of those and their performance is much more in line with their price than the 12-200.

-- hide signature --

Jonathan

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow