Nikon 28mm f/1.8G vs Zeiss Distagon T*2 28mm ZF.2

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Stian Olaisen
OP Stian Olaisen Regular Member • Posts: 322
Re: Nikon 28mm f/1.8G vs Zeiss Distagon T*2 28mm ZF.2

Raticus wrote:

Stian Olaisen wrote:

Michigan Sandman wrote:

The Nikon 28mm f/1.8G that I own was only used twice. The pictures were all flat looking, and had no where near the color saturation of most Zeiss lenses, and the build is typical consumer polycarbonate. My Nikkor 28mm f/1.4 Afd lens does the best job, IMO, especially wide open. The only problem with this lens is, they quit making it around 2006, and if you find a nice one, they are high in price.

I am going to borrow a 24-35mm and see what happends 😁👍

All these lenses are great, choose the one that works best for you, and is most fun for you to use. It can be fun testing them out, renting is a good idea, and better yet borrowing!

I have a 28mm 1.8G and am happy with it. But I don't "pixel peep" or anything too heavy duty, and I subscribe to the basic rule that if I can't see it then it doesn't matter. The images I get from it look great to me. But that only applies to me of course. Horses for courses as they say.

So true indeed. Always like the way Nikon lenses paints the image so I'm kinda nervous about the Sigma. I'll post some images as soon I've tested it 😉😁👍

Stian Olaisen's gear list:Stian Olaisen's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow