anyone tried the z cam e1 hack at personal-view ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP kurth Senior Member • Posts: 1,467
Re: anyone tried the z cam e1 hack at personal-view ? Yes!

Markr041 wrote:

And here is a test video: the new firmware 0.31, Zlog2, Zlog2 LUT and the 100 Mbps hack (and indeed, the bitrate was 105 Mbps):

Mark....honestly, since your style doesn't move the camera alot, I don't think you'll see the overall benefit since it doesn't stress the codec. Since the af-c and stabilization are terrible , the camera's got to be used on a tripod or possibly a gimbal. I think a tripod pan would show more. I did test with complex images (pure slightly swaying in the wind foliage) moving the camera alittle, and the image held together better, it appeared at least during the 7 seconds before my card shut it down. Unfortunately for me, since this camera was sitting for months, I discovered a spot on the sensor and will have to do a thorough cleaning before I want to bother much. I think that is it's strength however .... to rig it as the cheapest 4kdci cinema camera ever. I hope storyboard codes the 1080 request so we can see how 100mbps improves that. Thanks for your tests.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow