This sounds promising?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryW Veteran Member • Posts: 9,008
Re: More absurdity

Off The Mark wrote:

wb2trf wrote:

They do not need to dump the 16-50 and 55-210. This is merely what you want.

The general problem on this forum is that people turn their personal wishes into what they think are imperatives for camera companies. These pronouncements always seem crazy to me.

Although I don't understand why they are pursuing the camera market at all, they seem to be succeeding in their own terms while not following your advice.

Have you seriously not seen the numerous articles by various review sites out there lamenting the lack of quality aps-c lenses for Sony cameras?

I would be turned-off by articles complaining about lack of lenses.  Been hearing it since the original Nex camera.

Why do people on the Fuji forums who have moved from Sony to Fuji point to the quality and quantity of Fuji aps-c lenses being a major reason in why they moved?

Why do you think that Fuji has so many dedicated users? Do you think sony would not like to have those Fuji users buy sony cameras instead?

What difference does it make? If people feel that Fuji has a superior system, why wait for Sony to change?  Just buy a Fuji today!  Right now!  What are you still doing here? 

In the article on dc.watch that was cited by the original poster, Masaaki Oshima from Sony states that the demand is for higher-end aps-c cameras (and less demand for lower-end aps-c cameras). Do you think that people who want those higher-end aps-c cameras will want to use the 16-50 and 55-210 kit lenses?

You are free to buy body-only versions and get whatever lens you want.  Or, Sony has started making kits with the 18-135, it seems.  The latter sounds like a great lens to start with.

Why is it that adapter companies like Sigma and Metabones have successful business models making adapters for Sony cameras?

Is this more due to Canon owners moving to Sony?

Why does Sony still sell - and people still buy - the LA-EA A Mount to E Mount adapters?

Because they don't want to throw out their old lenses?
Or do you think anyone is using, say, the Tamron 17-50/2.8?  I have that for a-mount, and I don't like to use it on these newer cameras, for various reasons.

Why does Sony still spend money to create firmware that improves the AF performance of such adapters?

Which firmware improvements?  I just checked, and I don't see a firmware update for the EA4.

Can you say that Sony wouldn't sell MORE cameras and lenses if they had better aps-c lenses?

Can you say that Sony wouldn't sell FEWER FF cameras if they made APS-C more attractive?    No, I don't think they're purposefully crippling APS-C but for highest quality, I think they expect people to just move to FF.
If there were a market for f2.8 wide-normal zooms, why wouldn't Tamron or Sigma just do it?

Or do you think it is a good business strategy for Sony if people buy adapters and use either third-party lenses or buy used use A Mount glass that they bought off ebay?

It seems to be a good strategy for them.  They pulled over a lot of Canon owners.  When I had a Sony DSLR, I bought zero Sony, new lenses.  With these cameras, I've bought at least 3.  So, it's worked on me, so far.  But if it's just about selling lenses, why allow so many from Tamron and Sigma? They really needed the assistance more 5 years ago.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6500 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow