This sounds promising?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
wine540 Regular Member • Posts: 450
This sounds promising...Yes!

dump wrote:

DC.watch interviewed Mr. Masaaki Oshima from Sony. There are some clear answers about their APS-C strategy:

– Sony once more confirms APS-C line will be continually developed further
– TheA6400 is not the A6500 replacement
– And while he cannot talk about the plans of an A6500 successor their goal is to “exceed customers” requests
– There is little demand for low-end APS-C cameras but the demand for higher end models is still strong
– In 2019 we plan to strengthen both our APS-C and Full Frame portfolio

As a new a6500 user-bought it on a lark to have a lighter to kit to travel with than the a7iii- I am so pleased with the function, IQ, and lenses. But, as an a7iii user I can't help asking about the obvious upgrades to the a6500 - bigger battery, better tracking (I come from MFT and the tracking on the Sonys is sooo much better, but the a7iii is clearly better than the a6500), a joystick button, improved EVF etc. These are not what I merely wish for, but they are already there on the a7 series. For lenses I would love a light weight medium telephoto-f4 - G series- say 75-300. For now, I believe in Sony!
Dan W

wine540's gear list:wine540's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7 III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow