Nikon 28mm f/1.8G vs Zeiss Distagon T*2 28mm ZF.2

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Stian Olaisen
OP Stian Olaisen Regular Member • Posts: 322
Re: Nikon 28mm f/1.8G vs Zeiss Distagon T*2 28mm ZF.2

owlseye wrote:

Stian Olaisen wrote:

What about weather sealing?

It's quite important in a landscape lens, especially up here in the Norway.

Are both the Nikon 28/1.8G and Sigma 20-35mm weather sealed?

A little confused about the Nikon 28, seems ppl either love it or hate it 🤔

Hello Stian,

The Sigma is a the 24-35mm f/2 https://www.sigmaphoto.com/24-35mm-f2-dg-hsm-a

To offer a frame of reference, at the time of purchasing the Sigma, I had the Nikon 16-35 f/4VR, 18mm f/3.5 Zeiss, and 24-120mm f/4VR. I am a nature photographer with about 60% of my work being wildlife and 40% landscape.

I live in MN which is in the North Central US and we get everything from -25 deg F temperatures to hot humid conditions. Photography here is challenging. I shoot in all weather... rain, snow, cold, humidity and fog.

The 24-35 Sigma has no problems with the cold and is a beautiful lens to own and shoot. It has a build quality that rivals your 14-24mm f/2.8.

For the record, I have reshuffled my gear. Having sold the Sigma, I am now contemplating its purchase once again. Currently, my wide-angle gear consists of the Nikon 20mm f/1.8, Nikon 18-35G, and Nikon 24-70 f/4 S .

cheers,

bruce

Thanks Bruce 😀👍

How does the sunstar look at the 24-35? The Nikon 14-24 have spoiled me in that department.

That it holds up in all kinds of weather sounds reassuring, thanks! The art lenses I've own/owned have very good quality indeed and makes many of the plasticy Nikons look really cheap.

What made you sell it and then go for it again?

Stian Olaisen's gear list:Stian Olaisen's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow