Nikon Z6 / Z7,...Ok,...What's Next?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JMD-70 Senior Member • Posts: 1,799
Nikon Z6 / Z7,...Ok,...What's Next?

Ok, Sony now has competition in the MILC game other than Nikon and Canon,...and Fuji. Now that Olympus and Panasonic are in the MILC game with the OM-D E-M1X and Lumix S1 series respectively,...we can see that the MILC landscape is heating up. None have really released anything that will make me just the DSLR ship,..although I must say the Lumix R1 series looks good on paper,...and I do like the body design and many of it's features. So, I'm thinking, which Mfr will hit the home run and design a killer MILC body! That said,

I'm thinking the Nikon Z bodies would have been blockbusters with a second card slot, eye detection, and proper contacts for a battery grip! No doubt, this was a major stumble for Nikon,...but hey, there is always the "next model" coming, so I'm hoping for either 2 QXD slots or 2 SD card slots! We need to get away from dual formats for one body!

Moving on, one can only imagine what the Lumix S1 series could be if they had "Phase Detection AF",...or weighed in at 60 grams less,...a little pun there!

I don't know about you,..but I'm thinking the Z6/Z7 follow-on bodies will be grand-slam devices! Sure, they will grow in size a bit,..especially if Panasonic have reasonable sales with their S1 series.

Oh! Don't forget about FujiFilm's offering...

-- hide signature --

JMD
...D500 x2 // WT-7 x2!
......Nikon forever,...for now!

FinePix S1 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow