Nikon D750, are my expectations too high? (Sharpness)

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FroZebra New Member • Posts: 19
Nikon D750, are my expectations too high? (Sharpness)

Hey guys! I recently moved to a Nikon D750 from a Fuji X-T2. Although I love the little Fuji, I wanted full frame for the myriad of cheaper, still decent quality lenses and full frame route, since that's what I normally see most pros using, which I assume is probably for a reason, and I wouldn't want a sensor to limit my image quality.

However, I'm not one to drink the Kool-aid without seeing first-hand any alleged differences. I haven't had too much time to test the two head to head, but I'm not noticing much of a gain in sharpness moving to the Nikon so far.

The two combinations are the Nikon D750 with a 50mm 1.8G and the Fuji X-T2 with a 35mm 1.4. The two have similar focal range, but on my tests, the Nikon has been showing some sharpness issues. Am I looking too deeply into this? I wanted to get your opinions if it's some kind of faulty camera or lens, since the return window is coming up.

Are my expectations too high for what I think the Nikon sharpness should be? If you have any experience with this, what is the best sharpness I can hope for around the $1100 budget, used market included? Is it me? Or is this the sharpest this camera/lens combo will do?

Here's (Link) one sample image from a rudimentary test I took last night, sick as a dog, following the gym. Notice the eyebrow hairs are a bit fuzzy. This is the sharpest image of the bunch that I took with these settings. I'll be testing it further tonight when I get home from work and the gym, but my flash system is Fuji so I'll try to jerry-rig the flash as a slave and see what I can do.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow