xh1 compared to gfx, 100mp in 4k!

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 6,417
xh1 compared to gfx, 100mp in 4k!

I do most of my editing still with 2k monitor, I find it easier, I am windows user and I can do some editing on my laptop even with a 2k screen. I also have a 4k laptop and monitor and thought it would be interesting to do this comparison with 4k snips rather than 2k. So I prepared these comparisons in 2k, then moved to 4k monitor for the snips. So same process as previous, ed tool on gfx sample and x-h1 sample, note; gfx with ed tool becomes huge, it's 120mb to start with. I added astia profile this time to get a Fuji color balance and tweaked hl by 25% to both and admittedly pushed the sharpening to 50 on the x-h1 to give the topaz model a tiny bit more to work with. I did this for 2 reasons which you will see in the first image below, framing! We are now comparing a 4:3 crop with the 3:2 crop, the dummy fills the frame more in 4:3 so some micro detail will be more visible, I have asked for gfx/x-h1/x-t2 comparisons in the real world in equivalence and there are no volunteers and obviously no such comparisons exist except the default dpr and ir images, as per this one below, but even then both f8, so f6 vs f12 equiv!

So both images export from lr default, no extra sharpening and then topaz gigapixel model upto to 100mp each, 1.4 x gfx and 2x x-h1. There is some softening in the screen clip too compression but the full files are at the end for your local comparisons.

So to start;

4:3 framing vs 3:2 framing!

Advent1sam's gear list:Advent1sam's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +6 more
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow