Lens Advice

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reskr New Member • Posts: 4
Lens Advice

Hi all,

I'm not a frequent forum poster and I usually spend my time reading through previous threads, but this time I couldn't find the information I was looking for. I have spent a number of hours reading reviews and comparisons, and have also tried many lenses in shops.

I'm an amateur photographer and I currently own an XT-1, the 16mm 1.4 and the 18-55. I've recently saved a bit of money to spend on new kit and I was wondering what your recommendations were. Up till now, I've mainly been doing travel and landscape photography (hence the addition of the 16) but also enjoy street and architecture. I'm interested in macro and wildlife although I've never really had the equipment to do it properly, and I'd like to start taking casual portraits too.

Generally, I'm hoping to extend my range on the long end, and as I'm happy to go out in the rain or snow, I'd prefer WR lenses. I also use a tripod as little as possible as I've got a fairly steady hand, but OIS is always a bonus. I'm open to the idea of buying and using the 1.4x TC on the various lenses that support it.

I was torn between two possible routes - the 56 plus the 80 or just the 50-140 - but I'd welcome other suggestions. I've seen some beautiful results from the 90 too and like to shoot wide open when I can. I'm happy to carry heavy lenses around, but I am slightly worried about the length and balance of the 50-140.

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow