***This week with your a7x/a9, Feb 16th - 22th, 2019***

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
olivegarden
olivegarden Senior Member • Posts: 1,239
The perfect blend of ice and fire

The perfect blend of ice and fire.

To prepare for the Firefall photo, I went there one week ago to check out the location. What I saw totally amazed me.
The whole Yosemite Valley has been covered in three feet of snow, as I walked in thigh deep fresh powder lugging 30lbs of camera gear on my back, every step was a struggle.

I arrived at my pre-calculated spot just before the sunset. The shadow started to change shape as the sun slowly moved west, finally it cast a heart-shape light show.

What a sight.
Then Monday afternoon, the weather was perfect, sunny, not so bitterly cold & wet.

I went back to the Yosemite Valley, waited on the Merced river bank with 500 other photographers for 6 hours.

As the sun started to go down, the lighted area on the Horse Tail fall became narrower and narrower.

Some lingering clouds just above the El Capitan tip turned into golden glow. The Valley turned quiet with only the clicking sound of camera shutters.

At 5:29pm, the Horsetaill Fall was lit up.

I left my ❤️ in Yosemite.

The Heart of El Capitan

The Firefall

#YosemiteNPS #SonyAlpha #Sony2470GM #SonyA9#LandscapePhotography #RRSTripod #SFBayArea #yosemitenationalpark#sfgate #regram #abcnewsbayarea #kron4news #nbcbayarea #sonya7iii#sonya7riii #planitphoto

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow