I'have change my mind after I try the EM1X

Started 4 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doomster kent New Member • Posts: 15
I'have change my mind after I try the EM1X

I have a chance to hands on the new EM1X and shoot some photos and bring the file at home. Before I test the EM1X, I own a EM1 MK2 and I also use a Sony A9 before(with 70200gm, 28.55 and 85 f1.8) Personally, I feel very disappointed about Olympus using same old 20mp on the EM1X..and it's an 3000 USD camera...with no image improvement .. I find I have no reason to buy the EM1X. Even I have all F1.2 pro lens. The price tap just too high for me to buy an camera with no need evf and sensor.

But after I shoot some shot and hold the camera on my hand on real world. First the camera was build like a rock. It's remind me a lot the E3 and E1. It feel so great on my hand.. And the most importantly the Hand held hi-res mode just amazing tool.(before i use it on real world, i think it just a software gimmick)

This actually a gaming changer feature(yes, it have some limitation). It can shoot portrait with ISO6400 and keeping noise free. when i saw the 50mp raw and jpg on my 2K monitor , I just don't believe my eye on the first place.. The file looks super detail and sharp. it look like no noise for me.(like something shoot on my EM1 MK2 on iso 200...)

but it's a ISO6400 file. The image quality better then any large sensor on ISO6400... It surely beats the A9 i use over an year for portrait. The HHHR have over 90% success rate when you keep fast shutter speed and the model need to keep reasonable still.

below was the shot I take on jpg SOOC 100% FULL

EM1X HHHR ISO6400 JPG SOOC

The link i put here was the raw to jpg.. look even nicer

https://www.flickr.com/photos/doomsterkent/40193151963/in/photostream/

Now. i think i wthink i need to saving some money..

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow