156 grams ... does it really make all the difference? Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
LightDriver Regular Member • Posts: 186
Re: yes

52g will be enough for me.  When the next wave of RF lens arrives, I will switch back to Canon with the RP. I really liked my old 6D except for the size and weight.  Went with Fuji (XT1 and now XT3).  With the fuji gear, I liked the size/weight and was generally happy with SOC jpegs but I always felt I got better looking photos with the 6D and L lens.  Overall, I am generally satified with the XT3 (XT1 really had focus speed issues).  However, if the RP is a small, light 6D, than I will probably go back to it.

The only decision is do I get rid of all my Fuji gear (XT3, XT1, 50-140, 14, 27, 18-55) or do I keep my XT3 and wider lens for travel and sell the 50-140 (which should roughly cover the RP body?  Because I do like the XT3 and Fuji lens, especially when traveling.  The RP does not sound as rugged/tough.

debo wrote:

It makes a difference, to me when I have to carry a day pack as well as a small camera bag with 1-2 primes in a theme park like Disneyland. Last time I had the 16 and the 56 and I felt it vs the time I just went with my A7R + 35/2.8 which incidentally was a 36MP FF camera with only 575 odd grams Or consider the RX1 or X100F with just 500g including the lens!

-- hide signature --
 LightDriver's gear list:LightDriver's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ioh
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow