Considering Getting Out Of The EOS M's While They Have Value Due To The RP - Thoughts?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fstopx2 Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Considering Getting Out Of The EOS M's While They Have Value Due To The RP - Thoughts?

I bought an M5 at the end of October massively discounted. LIke $400 off. I am considering selling it before the value totally tanks. Its a nice camera but if I had to do it again I would not have bought it if I had known the RP was coming.

I dont think the M is dead yet, Canon is going to ride that train for a while yet. They may produce few of M's before pulling the plug. I also have the original M (got at the firesale) and the M3 which was a mistake (not much difference to the original M in my opinion). Contemplating liquidating down to just the original M and thats it as it have very little value.

I am very hesitant to put more money into the M series. It may end up as an orphaned system. Canon's lens production tells you where their heads are at - its a limited system. End of story. Yes the M50 is seling well but we shall see.

I also have a Canon DSLR - two EF lenses and two EFS lenses. From what I am reading I can use all both the EF/EFS on the R. I am going to liquidate some of this down as well because I dont use it that much.

I am not going to buy the RP just yet. I can wait till the price comes down. I like to wait till firesale prices or holidays . May not buy it at all as its just not that compact with the lenses. I am no hurry.

Would like to hear what others think.

Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
M19
M19
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow