Digital photography without a computer. Do you do it? How?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OldSchoolNewSchool Senior Member • Posts: 1,027
Digital photography without a computer. Do you do it? How?

I was raised in the film era and shot film for many years. In 2006, I transitioned to digital. I love digital equipment, reading and listening to reviews (even the silly and/or biased ones), and I especially love TAKING pictures.

But my love for the craft is quickly fading, and the culprit is that box that sits on my desk. The home computer is getting in the way. I am incredibly unlucky when it comes to computers. I have had five massive computer failures (among three computers, mac and PC) in the last 13 months. The issues are not with losing data (I back up). The issue is that I'm tired of the downtime for repairs and the occasional time-consuming task of reloading software.  If I walked into a store that had 10,000 new computers, and one of them was defective, I am the guy would would walk out of the store with the defective one.  I am that unlucky.

Please, let's not get into the discussion of what I may or may not be doing wrong with my computers. I am way beyond that. I am very seriously considering moving forward with my digital photography without that stupid box on my desk.  I am not a professional making money, just a very enthusiastic (and sometimes skilled) amateur. I take no video, only stills.

Are there any of you out there who shoot digitally who do not use a computer of your own?  If you shoot raw, how are you processing the images, or are you shooting jpeg?  How do you store your images?  How do you share your images?  I am not against using a tablet or something really basic and simple.

Thanks for your input!

-- hide signature --

My state of confusion has turned into a circle of confusion.

OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list:OldSchoolNewSchool's gear list
Canon G9 X II Canon EOS 70D Olympus E-M1 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow