Are the Adobe RGB vs sRGB Settings on Cameras "Real"

Started Feb 17, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fotomaker01 New Member • Posts: 6
Are the Adobe RGB vs sRGB Settings on Cameras "Real"

In other words do cameras actually capture in the color space we designate in the camera's menus when we select Adobe RGB or sRGB as the capture option? I ask because I'm doing some beta testing for a software company (not as a paid worker) and every single image I've used for test purposes with them is showing that the original jpg is an sRGB (in Windows Explorer the images say "Uncategorized"). I have always set (& just verified when I saw this happening in the software programs) my cameras to Adobe RGB in their menus. The images that are showing as being "sRGB" or "Uncategorized" are from: Canon 60D, Sony RX100 ii, Olympus EM5 ii cameras. So, it's not even a single manufacturer's camera(s) it's happening with. And it's a mix of DSLR, point & shoot and mirrorless. Any insights re: why this would be happening? And, whether the colorspace capture in camera is "real" or just a "fake" option to set?

Fotomaker01's gear list:Fotomaker01's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III
Canon EOS 60D Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow