Debating the 50-140 or 55-200

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Akkis Junior Member • Posts: 39
Debating the 50-140 or 55-200

Hi all.

I have been doing some cityscapes and landscapes lately and have been giving some thoughts on getting a telephoto to go with the rest of my kit to help with some compression.

Right now I have the 16-55, 23 f2, 35 f2, 27 f2.8 (permanently mounted to my x-t20 for my walk around camera), ron 12mm f2.

I am using the X-t2 with handgrip.

I have been eyeing the 55-200 and 50-140. I've read reviews of both and to no surprise it seems the 50-140 is the better lens but as we all know it is much heavier and bigger. I purchased the 16-55 a couple months ago and I love this lens and makes me think that thinking with the red badge lenses is the way to go but not sure i want to deal with the weight and size.

I also considered the 50-140 because it seems like it can be a good portrait lens in a pinch and with the sale going on it seems like it may be worth the little bit of extra cash.

I am not really looking for a wide angle (10-24). I feel that the 12mm and 16-55 would work just fine for those needs.

Would love any advice.

A

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow