X-T30 vs X-T100

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 13,334
X-T30 vs X-T100

The wait is over. X-T30 features are known although some of the specs might be wrong. So I've been comparing it with the surprising X-T100.

• X-Trans vs Bayer. X-Trans is silly now that Bayer sensors are sufficiently hi-res not to have anti-aliasing filter, but I can deal with X-Trans.
  • Tilt vs flip-out screen. Seems like flip-out is better, but Canon stopped putting it on the G series, making me think it is unreliable long-term.
  • Joystick vs Directional pad. All my cameras for a long time have had D-pad, and every one had different items on it. Looking at the X-T100, the items are different again, and don't seem like stuff I use often. I'll have to try joystick before approving it.
  • Shutter vs PASM. The shutter speed dial is dumb. I adjust aperture but let the camera adjust ISO and shutter speed. Huge victory for the X-T100, which has a programmable dial for those who do adjust shutter speed.
  • Q button on thumb rest - jury is still out.
  • Video and continuous autofocus. Are these worth the extra money? Maybe.
  • Weight. X-T30 is lighter, I'm not sure why.

To summarize, guess I want an X-T30 with PASM.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow