Buying a 5D MkII in 2019 for video/photo professional use?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bro Jogan
Bro Jogan New Member • Posts: 15
Buying a 5D MkII in 2019 for video/photo professional use?

Hey everyone,

So I have a GH5. It's a great camera for video. Hell, I'd say it's more video-centric than photography-focused and it kills for video. But its low light performance (especially as it relates to fast action photography) is pretty terrible, even with fast lenses. I still remember bringing it home and thinking that the camera was broken because I couldn't see anything in the viewfinder. But then I just realized that the M43 sensor was so damned tiny and my "low" shutter speed wasn't low enough.

Also- while the GH5's image quality is nice and sharp when you ARE able to nail your exposure, its dynamic isn't so great. So I've been hesitant to bring it out for photoshoots

The other day I saw an OG Mk II 5D on a used camera website at a great price. And I got tempted. After all- the 5D ii was used in Breaking Bad and other Hollywood movies back in the early 2010s.

I was considering doing this so I can spend more $$ on getting better L-series glass. And I'd keep the GH5 and just have the 5D mkii for Photography and B-Cam.

Anyone out there still rocking the 5D Mk ii in 2019?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow