Timing for replacing Windows 7 PCs with Windows 10 PCs

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ggeinec Contributing Member • Posts: 636
Timing for replacing Windows 7 PCs with Windows 10 PCs

We will be staying with Windows when support for Windows 7 ends in January 2020.

Is there any reason to hold off replacing old Windows 7 PCs with new Windows 10 PCs until we get closer to January 2020?

We have two desktops and a laptop that are running Windows 7. Both desktops are from 2010, the laptop is from 2013. I plan to replace the two desktops with new Windows 10 desktops. I haven't decided yet whether to replace the laptop or to upgrade it to Windows 10.

We use these PCs primarily for general home stuff - web browsing, email, finances, taxes, streaming music, occasional photo post-processing (although that may increase in the coming months) - no gaming or heavy processing.

Would you replace the old desktops with new Windows 10 desktops sooner rather than later or would you wait until we get closer to January 2020 or even after January 2020?

I'm asking in the context of things I'm probably not aware of regarding what may be in the pipeline regarding improvements in PC components or architecture, etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow