Sigma 20mm f1.4

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Orion347 Forum Member • Posts: 95
Re: Sigma 20mm f1.4

shibbs wrote:

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying this for astro and low light landscapes.

Has anyone had any experience with this lens if so what do you think of it thanks

I got the FE version, planning to use it mostly for astro and night time photography.  It showed up right before my trip to Iceland, so I wasn’t able to test it out beforehand.  It seemed almost as big and heavy as my 70-200 GM I also brought with me, along with other lenses.  Had also brought a new tripod (slightly smaller and lighter for travel), and it was heavy enough I couldn’t set it up in a vertical orientation without the screw coming loose on the mounting plate.  I didn’t lose the camera (thankfully), but the camera would be pointing downward after a few seconds.  Missed a great shot of the aurora above the Hallgrimskirkja church my last night there because of that.  It worked better with my heavier tripod when I got back home, but I’m still planning to swap it for a 24mm f1.4 GM eventually.

Orion347's gear list:Orion347's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow