Advice to Camera Manufacturers About Format Size

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AeroPhotographer Forum Member • Posts: 64
Advice to Camera Manufacturers About Format Size

Do camera manufacturers read this forum? I hope they do.

Tests that I've done, and perhaps that you've done too, show that the image quality of small formats (1/2.3 and 1") look just as good as larger formats when viewed on a screen. This means that the only time larger formats are better is for prints. But this survey showed that fewer than ten percent of respondents print their pics any more than rarely.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62107150 "What are you mostly doing with your photos?"

Yet the camera manufacturers are concentrating on larger formats, perhaps in an effort to distance their products from smartphones. But the benefits of these larger formats are only visible on prints, and if we amateurs rarely print, why should we buy the larger cameras?

Nikon, Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, Olympus and others, please think about this.

Give us more small format cameras of high quality. I especially like zoom for wildlife, like the P900 and P1000, and the RX10 IV.

Regards,

Alan

AeroPhotographer's gear list:AeroPhotographer's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Labe
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow