Thoughts on the RP and EOS M series

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mvrbnsn Forum Member • Posts: 92
Thoughts on the RP and EOS M series

As someone who has wanted to have a full frame camera for expanded low light capability, but has gotten so used to the portability and light weight of the EOS M series the RP intrigues me.

Yet one thing I haven't seen anyone discuss anywhere about the RP is that the R lenses and even some EF lenses are large and perhaps heavy, and I wonder if some will be bothered by a possible imbalance of the small, light RP body and the bigger lenses.

I say that because I have heard numerous EOS M series users reluctant to use EF lenses for that very reason on the Ms.

Will some find the RP imbalanced when using the heftier lenses?

To that end there is still something wonderfully appealing about the EOS M form factor and balanc,e with its dedicated lenses, especially now with the 32mm added to the mix.

I have gotten so many wonderful images with my original M, 22mm, 18-55mm, and 55-200mm M lenses.

mvrbnsn's gear list:mvrbnsn's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
M19
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow