EM1X reviews...cut to the chase...?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Auclair Veteran Member • Posts: 4,962
EM1X reviews...cut to the chase...?

The EM1X is an action/sports camera.

I thank all you guys who have posted images and about your EM1X experiences but I am still left wondering...

I want a mirrorless body with the C-AF performance of a Nikon D500 for BIF/birding (action).

So far it seems the EM1X ain't it. I have hopes that I might be wrong.

(folks on Fred Miranda m4/3 forum seem to have slid into a "it might get better with firmware upgrades" rut.)

All of you fortunate folks who have/had/will have the opportunity to handle/test/use/review the EM1X, and are able to, could you please concentrate more on the action/sports shooting abilities of the camera.

I have them all and I've never known any Pro model Olympus that did not feel "solid and well built".

Button layout and ergonomics is subjective and I'm sure is fine.

IBIS...I will not often use...for BIF high shutter speeds IBIS is OFF.

HHHR...I will use even less.

ISO performance...this is an Olympus sensor. I keep ISO low as possible.

Weather sealing...don't care....I don't go out in the rain as I normally do not attempt to shoot BIF in low light...too slow shutter.

EVF...I get it...low res to accommodate fast refresh.

IQ...whatever...I'm fine with my EM1 and EM1.2's IQ...I'm sure the EM1X will be no worse.

video...not interested...i have a video camera.

all the reviews so far cover those points thoroughly enough but none cover C-Af well enough in my opinion.

All the above things are great to some/many but again...the EM1X is a action/sports camera.

I want to know how fast the EM1X locks up a fast and erratic moving target and how well it tracks.

-- hide signature --

as always,
thank you fellow DPR members for your kind words and encouragement.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow