Started Feb 12, 2019 | Discussions thread
DavidB77
DavidB77 Forum Member • Posts: 64
Re: New camera invaded

Oiche wrote:

DavidB77 wrote:

Oiche wrote:

DavidB77 wrote:

I recommend Sensor Swab too, I use this kit for ten years and never had any problem, it is easy to use. You'll have to select the right "Sensor Swab Type" for APS-C camera (24mm 17mm). I don't remember the Type number.

Which one? A search online brings up 100s of products.

The Photosol brand?

I have something like that: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Survival-Kit-Eclipse-Cleaner/dp/B001F0ICZO

WARNING: Sorry, I made a mistake in my original post, Type 3 (24mm) is for Full-Frame, you have to purchase Type 2 (17mm) for APS-C !!!

Thanks, I don't buy from that vendor and I live on the other side of the Atlantic but good info on the APS-C size pads.

I ordered a 12x sealed packet 16mm microfibre swab sticks with 15ml fluid from ebay for about £8. It will be good to have wet cleaning when needed alongside the

Pentax O-ICK1 Image Sensor Cleaning Kit

For information with Sensor Swab, don't press the swab on the sensor too strongly and you may have to clean it in several passes.

First pass > Check.. Second pass > Check etc... until the sensor is perfectly clean. I would say 3-4 passes, because dust may be moved around by swab and appear at another place on the sensor. There are probably tutorials online...

DavidB77's gear list:DavidB77's gear list
Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow