Adobe Camera Raw 11.2 “Enhance Details”

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JimKasson
JimKasson Forum Pro • Posts: 27,485
Adobe Camera Raw 11.2 “Enhance Details”

In today’s update to Camera Raw and Lightroom Classic CC, Adobe introduced a new feature. Here’s some of what they have to say about it:

Enhance Details is introduced in Adobe Camera Raw 11.2. Powered by Adobe Sensei, Enhance Details produces crisp detail, improved color rendering, more accurate renditions of edges, and fewer artifacts. Enhance Details is especially useful for making large prints, where fine details are more visible. This feature applies to raw mosaic files from cameras with Bayer sensors (Canon, Nikon, Sony, and others) and Fujifilm X-Trans sensors.

I tried it on some of my informal lens test shots, and was unimpressed. The good news was that it appeared to do no harm. The bad news is that it didn’t do much good.

Then I tried it on a Siemens star image. Here are some highly magnified shots:

Standard processing

Enhanced details

That is very impressive. Most of the false color has been removed, with absolutely no loss in sharpness of unaliased detail.

Here’s another pair:

Standard

Enhanced

Next up was some fabric:

Standard

Enhanced

Those are GFX 50S shots, but it should work about the same with the Z7.

Here's another pair:

Standard

Enhanced

It doesn't seem to do anything about Z7 PDAF banding, though.

Jim

-- hide signature --

Posted as a regular forum member.
https://blog.kasson.com

JimKasson's gear list:JimKasson's gear list
Nikon D5 Sony a7 III Nikon Z7 Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV +2 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow