The new Olympus Workspace software

Started Feb 12, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VideoPic
VideoPic Senior Member • Posts: 1,931
The new Olympus Workspace software

I tested and tried most of the new Workspace functions and wrote a short article. You will find it here .

In short, it has a greatly improved image viewer, its fast and the zoom function works well. Example with Adobe Bridge the image is always at a lower res and one has to zoom in to see detail. Workspace shows detail thumbnails, full screen views and zoomed in views. Speed & responsiveness is great.

I tested Olympus Capture integration, Wi-Fi uploads plus plus.....

The new workspace working area is great, very customizable and practical. The different editing spaces in Viewer 3 has been combined into one editing space.

Long and short - the image editor has a problem - I could not get any acceptable results. Editing the same RAW file in Viewer, Photoshop or DXO PhotoLab delivered great results.

It offers an extreme basic video editor - the only positive is one can view videos at great resolution plus the viewer is fast. Not the case in Bridge.....

Its really disappointing, if there is one reason that will motivate me to change to another camera brand it will be poor software/products like Workspace.

I like to get feedback on the editor from other photographers......

-- hide signature --

See my Blog for short articles on the Olympus and Panasonic cameras.
https://myolympusomd.blogspot.com/
Tech developments to wipe sensor size arguments, 3yr death countdown started Jan 2019

VideoPic's gear list:VideoPic's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow