7dmk2 in 2019?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,225
Re: May I ask a question?

benjilafouine wrote:

Je me souviens!

Sometimes I wonder what we remember... Some say world wars and other say the collective memory of french-speaking people from Quebec Province.

Before 1978, our motto was "La Belle Province" (the beautiful province). Now "La Belle Province" is a fast food chain where you can eat a good "poutine"!

I used to see a couple from Ottawa, when I would travel to the Adirondacks in the Nineties, to attend an annual wooden canoe event. If I remember correctly, they remembered the British conquest of French Canada. My French surname, and their French heritage, was a conversation-starter.

I know little of the history of my surname, in North America, but my father was born in Crowley, Louisiana, in the heart of “Cajun country,” so may well be of Acadian heritage. (Few of the deported Acadians were literate; therefore the phonetic “Cajun.”)

-- hide signature --

By accident of availability, I learned to use Canon and Nikon DSLRs at the same time. I love specific lenses made by both Canon and Nikon, too much to quit either system. Dabbling with Leica-M is fun, too. I am, certainly, not an expert.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +43 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow