1DX2 Needs micro adjustments?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KiloHotelphoto Regular Member • Posts: 132
1DX2 Needs micro adjustments?

I picked up a 1DX2 a couple of weeks ago and due to weather and work haven't been able to get out with it much.

This weekend I took it out and I'm not happy with what I'm getting. Most of my images seem out of focus or soft. The ones that seem to be in focus still don't look that good when zooming in, at 1 to 1 not bad but not great. This is also the lowest megapixel full frame body I have ever used and have wondered if I have just been spoiled with the 5dsr over the years but still most shots look bad.

On saturday I was just out with a monopod so today I took out the tripod. I didn't find a whole lot to shoot so I was just shooting anything that moved. These seem to be the best that I have gotten so far.

I ordered a calibration tool and it should come Monday. I've never had to do this with any body or lens before and hope it will fix my issues. If not it's going back for another body but with a trip to the Everglades next week I may just be taking the 5dsr.

These are all with the 600/4 but I also took some shots with the 70-200 during the week that I didn't think were sharp eitherl. I will try to upload those also.

These I think were the best but I probably have 15 for everyone that aren't usable.

All of these are also using spot AF in AI servo also except for the heron in flight where I used all points. Shots that are cropped are labeled others are full frame with just basic post processing done.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Shot on tripod

Shot on tripod heavy crop

Shot on tripod

Shot on tripod heavy crop

Shot on tripod

Shot on tripod. Heavy Crop

Shot with monopod

Shot with monopod

Shot with monopod

Small crop to level.  Shot with monopod

Shot with monopod

KiloHotelphoto's gear list:KiloHotelphoto's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon Extender EF 2x III +2 more
Canon EOS 5DS R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow