Build quality of M50

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
northman3
northman3 Junior Member • Posts: 30
Build quality of M50

Hi,

Canon marketed the M50 as an entry level camera, (though unofficially it is not, because of the newer tech it carries) and the control dial on the back is not the same as m5/m6, but it has a turning dial instead of that surrounding the shutter button which I liked very much and makes the camera very fun, easy to use, also makes it versatile when shooting because it has so many options to control settings.

But I have complaint and I want to ask m5/m6 users to compare their build quality with M50. The camera feels solid but I have concerned about the leatherette plastic spot just at the top of the back dials. (supposedly the small area "palm rest" just sits at the the left of the magnification button). When I apply a little bit force to this area, it makes a clicky noise from plastic and I do not like it at all. Compared to original EOS-M, M50 seems like a toy in that regard. EOS-M also has a palm rest area similar to M50 but it is a solid piece of plastic and does not make a sound whatever pressure you apply to it. Also the other areas of the original eos m feels more solid and rigid. That is why I am asking to m5 and m6 users if they've noticed a similar feeling.

I hope I am not the only one with a M50 making that little plastic sound, M50 owners please test it out and inform me.

northman3's gear list:northman3's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow