Sticking with MFT after almost a decade Locked

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Thorgrem Contributing Member • Posts: 650
Sticking with MFT after almost a decade

I started photography for a hobby in 2010 with the E-PL1 (went to the store for a E-620 or Rebel). Olympus offered me a month tryout and I could return it without a problem and get a refund. At that time my other options where Sony NEX-3 or Samsung NX100.

Between 2010 and now had some different body's. Especially liked the E-P3 combination with the 12mm prime. But I wanted an integrated EVF and I missed some shots because of the lack of zoom. Sold the primes to fund the 12-40 pro and a E-M10. Later upgraded the E-M10 to a E-M5II.

Whenever someone is posting in this forums that he/she needs FF and will leave MFT I look at my own pictures and wonder around what others can do with there MFT equipment I feel no need at all to make a switch. When I look at people dragging there FF dSLR's and lenses I don't envy them.

It's a great thing that there are so many choices available in the MFT system and I don't see myself moving anywhere. The new FF systems looks fine, but have to mature a few years. And I'm very curious if at the end will be much smaller than a dSLR kit. Also as a hobbyist I don't want to invest thousands of Euro's. All the new FF MILC systems didn't change a bit after Sony went FF with there E-Mount.

Just posted this to give MFT a thumps up.

And with the announcements of Olympus last month I feel confident to invest some more into MFT. Been looking out for a second hand 40-150 pro. I thinks it's a great piece of glass that benefits from the MFT sensor size.

Why do you stick with MFT?

Thorgrem's gear list:Thorgrem's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Olympus E-620 (EVOLT E-620) Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Samsung NX100 Sony Alpha NEX-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow