What causes my A7ii battery drains so fast?

Started Feb 10, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vivaldibow Contributing Member • Posts: 834
What causes my A7ii battery drains so fast?

I have a used A7ii which I use mainly for manual focus lenses. I actually used the lens very minimum: just snap a few shots with a newly-purchased lens. That's it. Most of the time, it says in the drawer. The battery, drains so fast. In 2 weeks of mostly idle time (less than 20 shutter clicks), the battery is drained. It is even funny that right after I load a battery with 87% power, the battery drops to 81%. The airplane is on all the time.

I've heard A7ii battery performance is sub-par but didn't expect it is this bad. My comparison comes from my other two cameras: A77ii and A3000. This probably not an apple-to-apple comparison but the A3000 with the same battery as the A7ii, can last very long time, probably due to less power-angry LCD/EVF+no IS.

I'd like to hear advice from A7/A7ii users that what are the practice to make the A7ii battery last longer (certainly I have spare batteries as well). Thanks in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow