Jim King
Jim King Veteran Member • Posts: 8,585
Re: HD PENTAX- DA*11-18mm on K5lls

Oiche wrote:

Jim King wrote:

Oiche wrote:

Jim King wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

The Fuji 8-11 f/2.8 - wider and longer, thus not quite apples-to-apples but at least it's an APS-C lens - was announced for $2000. That's $600 more than the Pentax.

(snip)

Alex

Not to be a nitpicker, but the new Fuji Ultrawide f2.8 zoom actually covers 8-16mm, not 8-11mm. It's also on sale for $1500 at present.

I just bought one and found in testing that it is a superb performer across the full aperture and zoom ranges. Well worth its cost, IMO!

Are you even going to use it? You have nearly 140 cameras/lenses listed that you own!!!!!!!!????!

LOL! Yes I do plan to use it because it is unique, but it is part of my larger collection of old and new lenses. I actually have more than 500 at present, but i only use a very few of them. I've been collecting photo gear for almost 20 years now.

The beneficiaries of your inheritance better be photographers then 😁

Unfortunately, no.  They plan to liquidate it when the time comes.  I hope that's a long time in the future!  

-- hide signature --

Jim King - Retired Colormonger - Suburban Detroit, Michigan, USA; GMT -5h (EST)
Pentaxian for over 60 years.
There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.
- John Ruskin
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Sir Winston Churchill
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- Albert Einstein (after A. Dumas fils)

Jim King's gear list:Jim King's gear list
Pentax K-3 Leica M10 Pentax MX-1 Fujifilm X30 Leica M9 +139 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow