HD PENTAX- DA*11-18mm on K5lls

Started Feb 3, 2019 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 11,828
Re: HD PENTAX- DA*11-18mm on K5lls

Lothman wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

The Fuji 8-11 f/2.8 - wider and longer, thus not quite apples-to-apples but at least it's an APS-C lens - was announced for $2000. That's $600 more than the Pentax.

If you can find a better match - you will find out they're all pricey. There's only two choices, folks: either make the high-end lens and it will be pricey, or don't make it.

and you should think before you develop such a lens whether there is a market for such a lens.

Which they surely did...

The price will eventually settle to a lower value. But it can't do that if the product doesn't exist

• I don't need this lens, but I like to own fine equipment. Let's see what the Pentax dslr stork brings....

Same here (I've gone FF, so...)

Alex

This shows that most of the enthusiast moved away from Pentax APS-C, so customers for a high end Pentax-only APS-C-lens are too rare to pay back the lens development costs.

Me? Or is it, me and johnami? A sample of two proves nothing.

This lens is years too late, and today somehow useless.

Why? Just because you jumped ship to Sony or something?

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow