Constructive Feedback on my Film Simulation

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Holden75 Regular Member • Posts: 182
Constructive Feedback on my Film Simulation

I am getting into photography and as I wanted to get better I moved from Sony to Fuji. I have been playing around with the film simulations to get the best image I can to my eye/style and I wondered if people minded giving some constructive feedback on it as it is always good to get a second opinion. I have always shot jpeg because I was put off editing RAW. I don't make any money from photography and I just want to take nice picture of people and places around me that I will print out in a book or put in a frame. I know how to edit jpegs and have used a number of programs but I don't want to pay a subscription for Adobe so I don't use that. If you read places on the internet you need to edit RAW files to get the best images so I have begun doing this recently. I have watched a lot of tutorials and read a lot of websites. I am using Luminar 3. I know I am not very good at it but when I edit a RAW file that I think is ok, I look back at SOOC Jpeg using my film simulation and I think that is better so I am either terrible at editing (which is probably accurate) and/or Fujifilm cameras do an excellent job (which is probably accurate!). So anyway this is the RAW file converted to Jpeg I am using as an example - this is not the best shot but it is my wife's favourite of our daughter from my recent photos:

And this is the SOOC using my film simulation:

I use:

Classic Chrome

+4 colour

+1 shadows

+2 sharpening

-3 noise reduction

There is no point uploading my edits of the RAW file as they aren't good. I just wondered what people thought of the film simulation and any pointers to how I could edit the RAW file to make a better image would be great!

Holden75's gear list:Holden75's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
gsz
KFo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow