New Firmware Update for DJI Osmo Pocket: Pro Mode Settings without a Cell Phone

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Markr041 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,973
Re: How about initial activation?

kurth wrote:

Mark.....do u have any insights on that particular "policy" decision ? This is my main reason for not buying....and I don't want a new iphone. My 5 is more than sufficient as a phone. Also , did they just give cinelike d and not v as well ? Hows the af holding up with the new firmware? thanks/k

No insights on the policy. Yes, just the D no log.

Now you can switch between AFS - which gives you touch focus and locks - to AFC - where AF moves automatically - right on the camera. The ability too use AFS for static scenes completely eliminates focus pumping of course, and ensures what you want is in focus. AFC is improved - it is faster and less pumping and can deal with infinity (like focus on the sky). And there is focus tracking (just double tap the subject), which locks onto moving subjects, and that is improved too.

Basically now you just need a phone to activate and to carry out firmware updates. You could borrow someone's phone to do those things. The camera/gimbal is now self-contained.

Markr041's gear list:Markr041's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic LX100 Sony RX100 IV Panasonic ZS100 Olympus TG-5 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow