J5 and off camera flash

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 470
J5 and off camera flash

Its typically dark and wet outside so I was just putting away my j5 which has the 6.7-13 attached most of the time now when I saw that the dogs had assumed their position and were being quiet for the moment so I had time to do a few shots with what I had to hand which was the J5 and a meike 320 which I use with an em5.1.

The J5 flash was at manual 1/32 to act as commander to the Meike which was about 2m to the side in S1 mode.

I will probably play around a bit now with some speedlights.  This isn't a good picture but at least I got the shot after a few attempts adjusting aperture, ISO etc - I quite like the accidental side lighting even though its a bit intense.

By the time I found the 18.5/1.8 to try and get some isolation ( wouldn't have been much though ) and rebalanced the on-camera flash output and turned the Meike down a bit, the dogs had decided they had better things to do than play model for me.

richard

FinePix S1 Nikon 1 J5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow