Old Listener
Old Listener Senior Member • Posts: 2,027
Re: Being honest with ourselves

NCV wrote:

Okapi001 wrote:

NCV wrote:

Okapi001 wrote:

NCV wrote:

I am beginning to feel the M43 will not end well for Olympus. I just hope I see it coming, and can trade in my stuff to get a good price in time before the Samsung moment arrives.

May I suggest you sell all your m4/3 stuff ASAP, or donate it to Caritas, and move your online presence to a Nikon forum. Because your increased jeremiads are getting really boring.

I thought this was the M43 forum,

It is. I don't know, perhaps you don't realise that, but your constant lamentations contribute exactly 0 to the forum.

Well this Thread has got some me some likes so I guess I have made contributions that some like and value.

Ok, lets all sing we love M43 and all the other stuff is cr*p. Lets all post that all you need is a 16MP M43 sensor to get great pictures.

I suppose that somebody, probably the office junior at Olympus is tasked to skim through the rubbish we all write here to see what the proles are saying about their products.

Suppose somebody checks out this forum whilst deciding what camera to buy. Suppose you check out a camera forum when you want to buy a new camera.

What do you want to read? Do you want to read the cons as well as the pros? Or do you want just a distorted picture with just nice positives, without any negatives.

I have gone along with the flow of this forum for some time. I came to believe a lot of the propaganda about “all you need is M43”.

Accident put an FF camera into my hands. I have been evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of the two systems of late.

It was quite a shock. The image pure quality of a D810 absolutely spanks m43, but I have found that in some situations I get better results with M43 thanks to some qualities other than shear image quality.

Now for certain photo situations I pick FF and for others I pick M43. It has improved my photography.

Is it not better we talk about these things honestly and understand the real strengths of M43 as well at its weaknesses?

I do not paid by Olympus. Buying a Nikon Canon or Olympus is the same for me.

You used to start threads that included photos that I enjoyed looking at.

You also started threads intended to provoke people.  Not so good.

Now you are just another of the negative voices that pollute this forum.  Try posting in a forum where you can say something positive.

Old Listener's gear list:Old Listener's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Yxa
NCV
NCV
AVG
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow