7-14 Pro still necessary if one has the 8mm Fisheye Pro on M1ii

Started Jan 27, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
keepfocused Regular Member • Posts: 349
7-14 Pro still necessary if one has the 8mm Fisheye Pro on M1ii

Hi everyone,

Just curious on what experiences are out there with regards to using the Oly Fisheye on the E-M1ii (as it has de-fiche mode) and whether it performs sufficient enough to not warrant getting the 7-14 Pro. I have never used an UWA before so I'm wondering if having one will encourage new ideas or just become a dust collector.

I have the fish-eye (bought used at a really good price) but have no means of getting my hands on the 7-14 to test. I got the fish-eye as it looked to be a fun lens to have and could double up as an UWA. Using it in de-fiche seems okay but jpeg only so a bit limiting in PP.

I have the trilogy of pro primes and am toying with the idea of selling the 25mm in order to fund the purchase of a used 7-14 pro but my concern is whether or not that is a good idea. I recently got the 45mm with the idea of selling the 25mm as I thought the 17 and 45 would be sufficient... and they are, but now I have all three it's a tough one.

My call, I know but just good to hear any other thoughts?

Thanks..

keepfocused's gear list:keepfocused's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow