Red AF confirmation "light" - 5D II vs newer models

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
quadrox Senior Member • Posts: 1,229
Red AF confirmation "light" - 5D II vs newer models

This thread is about the focus points that turn red in the viewfinder when focus is achieved. On my old 5D II the focus points would practically glow when focus was achieved, it seemed that the points would actively emit red light. This made them really easy to see

On my 5Dsr the points just change color to red. They are more visible than the default black, but they don't really glow like they do on the 5D II.

I suspect this change has something to do with the focusing screen being an actual small display, where the system probably worked a bit different on the 5D II. Can someone explain the difference in more detail, how it worked on the 5d II and how it works in the newer models?

quadrox's gear list:quadrox's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +1 more
Canon EOS 5DS R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow