Odd B&H issue

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bathgate
bathgate Senior Member • Posts: 2,125
Odd B&H issue

A package arrived for me today from B&H.  The box contained a backpack that I had viewed on the site but never ordered.  I went to the B&H site to check my account and that order wasn't showing anywhere.  I entered the order number and the site had no order by that number.  I called them.  The CSR was able to find the order using the order number and couldn't explain why it didn't show when I searched for it.  She had no explanation as to how the order was created without my ordering it.  She quickly said that she had authorized the return and was emailing me a return label.  It has only been a couple of hours but that email with the label has not arrived.  The order still doesn't show anywhere on their site, including under eligible returns.  The site still says it has no record of any order by that number.

My immediate concern here is simply to get that promised label and send the item back.  My larger concern is wanting to know how and why that order was placed, why it doesn't show up on the site and whether this now means that I'll have ongoing issues with my B&H account.

Has anybody else here experienced anything like this with B&H.  I may have to delete my account.

bathgate's gear list:bathgate's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow