Compact camera with Fuji-style jpgs?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mtt1 Forum Member • Posts: 71
Compact camera with Fuji-style jpgs?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a compact camera with Fuji-style jpgs. Let me elaborate.

I used to have an X-T10. But when I refer to compact, I mean something even more compact than this, jacket-pocket compact, to always have on me when I'm out with my kid, where I have no reason at all to leave it at home.

Now, I keep coming back to the pictures taken with the X-T10, something about their colors keeps drawing me in (Classic Chrome, of course, but other styles as well). I never got into RAW editing and was quite content with the jpgs SOOC.

I'm looking for a way to recreate the look on a different camera.

The way I see it, there are two options: the hardware route and the software route.

Hardware:
Other than the X70 and the XF10 there are no compact cameras in the current lineup that I'm aware of. I'm wary to pick up either one of those up because I don't want to rely solely on 28mm. I've also had issues with the autofocus in the X-T10 and as far as I can tell both compact cameras use the same system and not one of the newer iterations.

Software:
So, this is where I'm completely blind. I don't use Lightroom because I find it hard to justify paying for the suscription. I've played around with Darktable and RawTherapee in the past but couldn't get used to either and have never found a way to apply the changes I like. So, all I'm looking for, maybe, is an easy to apply filter or filters that resemble Fujis jpg styles. The filters in Google Photos just look over the top and too artificial for my liking, and in VSCO I just get lost, and it also requires me to do everything on my phone.

As I'm typing this out I've realized that a software solution is quite probably the way to go. I'm still curious to hear what others have to say about it and if you've got any ideas for a simple workflow that would allow me to get Fuji style jpgs out of a compact camera.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm XF10 Fujifilm X-T10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow