Upgrading from EM-10 Mark II to GX9 ?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MartinK0 New Member • Posts: 4
Upgrading from EM-10 Mark II to GX9 ?

Hi,

As my EM-10 Mark II starts to experience some problems and I've been thinking about upgrade for some time, I wanted to get your opinion on the choices.

I've been pretty happy with the camera except two areas - AF (especially CAF) and connection to smartphone. AF being primary source of concern.

I am not a professional so I am not expecting bulletproof AF/CAF, but in that regard, EM-10 II had been a big disappointment, as it struggles to take pictures of my kids & dogs playing.

For the long time, I've been waiting to upgrade to successor of EM-5 Mark II, but since it is still not available I've simply given up.

And as EM-1 Mark II is too expensive (&big) for my taste, I've started to look on Panasonic offerings.

Please, is there anyone with the experience with EM-10 Mark II and GX9 who can give me his opinion on AF performance, comparing the two cameras ?

Any other ideas on upgrade ?

Thank you.

ANSWER:
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow