Does X-trans hate trees?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eldonito
eldonito Junior Member • Posts: 30
Does X-trans hate trees?

Dear all,

Yesterday I took a walk in the nearby forest with my XH1 and a bunch of lenses. I was very disappointed by the outcome and, before I approach Fuji about this, I would be really grateful for your opinions about this...

This is a SOOC jpg with the 18-135 at 18mm, f/7.1, 1/45 s, ISO 200. Provia 'film', and all settings at 0. What particularly bothers me are the patterns in upper part of the trees: to my eye, sharpness, or... density?... comes in and out. There is this weird pattern emerging, where a tree seems disproportionately dense near its trunk, then gets really fuzzy in the periphery. Fuzziness (not softness) is very dominant in the needles.

100% crops look -- you guessed it -- absolutely hideous, but I am not posting any because this is not about pixel-peeping: this is an otherwise regular landscape / nature photo which to me seems overall completely messed up.

I would think this was a defect of X-trans. I am particularly upset that even the in-camera jpeg engine cannot successfully demosaic / render these images. Any opinion? Am I seeing things, or is this system really bad for this type of photography?

Thank you.

eldonito's gear list:eldonito's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow