Save me from the dreaded Sony switch...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RobertMachin Regular Member • Posts: 291
Save me from the dreaded Sony switch...

I'm weak.

I own X-H1 and X-Pro2 and the 56mm in particular frustrates me. I don't use these cameras in professional setting, my kids are too young to "pose"...they hate it. By the time the 56 reach focus, they moved, and the amount of blurry shots I have with this lens makes me despair a bit. And it's a shame because when it hits, it is magical....

At the same time, I see all these Sony videos, the amazing EyeAF, the great 85mm f/1.8... It feels like it would do so much better...The colors science is holding me back though...But I'm so close to give a try

If I want to stay Fuji, I see the options as:

- get the 90 f/2 as portrait lens instead, suppose-ably on the fastest Fuji AF lens. Never tried it.  Should pair well with the X-H1.

- I hear the X-T3 gives these old lenses a new life. Anybody wants to chime in wrt usage with the 56mm?

If only a refresh of this lens was on the horizon, I would probably hold it out...but it's not event on the roadmap...

RobertMachin's gear list:RobertMachin's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a6000 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +12 more
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow