Adobe RGB vs. sRGB OOC jpegs

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 15,791
Adobe RGB vs. sRGB OOC jpegs

Would it be better for me to set my camera for Adobe RGB jpegs or to continue shooting sRGB jpegs? Here is my situation:

I shoot raw a lot and for important stuff, for example, when I travel. But, I also often shoot just jpegs for my daily walking around in familiar areas that I have been many times. Of course, within a second I can switch to raw on those walks, if I feel it is worthwhile. For the last 19 years I have set my cameras to shoot sRGB jpegs with reduced sharpening, reduced contrast, reduced noise reduction, and for some cameras also reduced saturation. I do this because I import all my photos into Lightroom and even jpegs I sometimes tweak a bit so having a less processed jpeg to start with is better. In this case would it also be better to shoot Adobe RGB jpegs instead of sRGB jpegs?

In order to try to head off the inevitable posters who want to tell me that raw is better and that I should just always shoot raw: Yes, I well know that raw is better and can be edited more. I have been shooting raw for 17 years. I also have decided that for myself that jpegs will work fine in many cases. So, please, this post is about Adobe RGB jpegs or sRGB jpegs for light editing. It is not about raw vs. jpegs.

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow