Is your AF-P 70-300 fx still in working order?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kociasek Regular Member • Posts: 180
Is your AF-P 70-300 fx still in working order?

This question is for owners of the new Nikkor 70-300 lens for FX (full-frame) cameras, i.e. Nikon AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E VR FX.

If you have this lens (or had it in the past), please let me know if it ever got broken and you needed to fix it. My brand new sample developed a focusing problem after about 6 months of mild, infrequent use. Suddenly, after zooming out, the lens would no longer focus (either in AF or manual) beyond short and middle ranges. The problem would resolve after I restarted the camera, but then would return after I zoomed out again. I used it on Nikon D610. I'm still waiting to get it back from the Nikon service.

I read a similar report from another user on Flickr. I'm worried that the the AF-P motor on this lens is not reliable enough (after all, it's a completely new design) and the lens will keep on breaking in the future. My previous Nikkor AF-S 70-300 VR (FX), which I used for several years on several bodies, never had any mechanical problems.

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow