Can you recommend a good padded DSLR Insert?

Started May 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
TheBlackGrouse
TheBlackGrouse Senior Member • Posts: 2,593
Re: Can you recommend a good padded DSLR Insert?

bjn70 wrote:

I was on YouTube tonight and had an idea so I did some searching for "day hike photo backpack". What I found were reviews of several packs with camera inserts and additional room for other hiking gear. These seem to be called "adventure photography backpacks" so when I have more time I'm going to search for that. I've thought about carrying 2 bodies and I saw someone who had a holster bag in front for one body to be quickly accessible while the other is in the backpack.

Sorry but I have to say this. Camera backpacks are not suitable for serious hiking. I have a wall for camera backpacks that never move, after use they could not be returned. They hang there as a reminder to think twice before buying 

The problem is, you won't notice it after a few miles... but you definitely will suffer in the afternoon, the next day and all the other days of your trip. Too many of my hiking tours have been ruined by terrible camera backpacks.

Search for expedition packs with backpanel acces, like the Mammut Trion. Then you have fast access, easy organization and the suspension system of a real mountaineering pack.

-- hide signature --

TheBlackGrouse
Active Outdoor Photographer

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow